Your donation is essential
to providing programs
at Three Gaits.
Thank you for your gifts!
All gifts to Three Gaits, Inc. are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. Three Gaits is a non-profit 501(c)3, tax-exempt corporation. You will receive an acknowledgment letter for your records.
- Send your check (payable to: Three Gaits, Inc.) to:
P.O. Box 153
Oregon, WI 53575
- Send a secure payment online via PayPal using button to the right (you do not need a PayPal account)
- Use this printable Donation Form to designate a special purpose for your gift.
There are other ways to help out as well. The following is a list of items Three Gaits can use to keep things running smoothly and efficiently.
Please note: We unfortunately cannot accept the following as donations: Used helmets (must be new), trophies/ribbons, or magazines (equine or other).
- Kirby G4 Vacuum cleaner bags
- Furnace filters (20″x20″x1″)
- Cleaning supplies
- Stamps (Forever Stamps)
- White and Colored Copy paper, letter size (pastels & bright colors), any amount
- White and colored card stock, letter size (pastels & bright colors), any amount
- Envelopes – No. 10, left window, self-sealing, security tint, Staples Item #511290
- Avery labels (#5160 or #5660)
- Staples’ letter size hot laminating pouches
- Large, sturdy garbage bags
- Pens & Pencils
- Heavy duty file folders with reinforced tabs
- Paper clips, standard & jumbo sizes, nonskid okay, non-coated
- Correction tape, any brand
Around the barn:
- Metal or plastic scoop shovel (not snow or garden type shovels)
- Metal 4 or 5 tine pitchfork
- Brooms (smaller – not large push brooms)
- Pitchforks (plastic or metal)
- Large plastic rake (leaf/lawn type)
- Mats for stalls/aisle
- Cross-ties with quick release snaps
On the farm:
- (2) pair large garden shears (capable of cutting thick, woody weed stalks)
- Fencing materials (including wood fence posts)
- Grass seed
- 4 Wheel/Gator
- Post hole digger (to use with tractor)
- Large Heavy duty Garden tractor/mower – to mow lawn, pull small arena drag, pull wagon for garden/hay/feeding horses
- Chains for tractor & garden tractor tires (for snow & ice)
- Plow (Snow) that could attach to tractor for winter
- Clean fill
- Ice melt (The more it snows, the more we need…..)
- Gift certificate toward purchase of specialty fluorescent light bulbs for barn, arena and office. (Three Gaits would like to purchase since they are very specific types.)
- English Wintec Saddles
- English Saddles (please contact us first to get the current needs)
- Snaffle bits – with double joint (5″-51/2″)
- Dressage style saddle pads (new or clean and in good condition)
- New cones
For our riders:
- Helmets (must be new)
- Donations to scholarship fund
Remembering our four-legged friends:
- Hoof trim for one horse $55
- Shoeing for one program horse $155
- 1 bag horse feed $25, lasts two days (Nutrena Senior or Topline)
- Equioxx (medication for equine arthritis)
- Bute powder or paste (equine anti-inflammatory)
- Banamine paste
- Dewormer 10 @ $12 ea
- Quest plus (moxidectin/praziquantel)
- Equimax (ivermectin and praziquantel)
- Good quality grass & alfalfa hay in small bales
- Apples and carrots
- Annual check up for one program horse $35
- Rein clips, $5/pr.
- Soft cotton lead rope, no bull snaps, $6 and up
- Large bags of horse treats (from Mounds, Oregon Farm Center, etc)
- Mineral salt blocks for horses
- Canned or dry cat food (seafood or fish flavor)
- Sponsors for each of our program horses
- Someone to provide CPR and first aid re-certification during the winter months
- Sponsor an Instructor certification $500
Gift cards to:
- Staples/Office Depot
- Home Depot/Menards/Ace/True Value
- Farm & Fleet
- Fleet Farm
- Mounds or other pet food stores
- Gas station (for mowers and tractor)
Many of the remarkable accomplishments of our riders would not be possible without our special equine partners. It costs over $5,000 a year for the care each of our program horses, including such essentials as feed, veterinary care and medical expenses.
Consider a sponsoring a Three Gaits program horse! Horse sponsorships are added to the funds set aside exclusively for the care of our program horses.
Horse Donation or Lease
It takes a special horse to work in a therapeutic horsemanship program. Most of our horses are donated or leased to us by generous and caring people who believe in the mission of Three Gaits and the power of equine assisted therapies and activities. As valued members of the team, Three Gaits’ horses’ happiness and well-being is our priority. Here are our guidelines to evaluate prospective horses for our riding program to assure safety and enjoyment for students, volunteers and horses.
If you have a horse you’d like to donate or lease to Three Gaits, please complete the Three_Gaits_Horse_Inquiry_Form and email or mail it back to us. Thanks for helping make a match!
Please, no magazines, ribbons or trophies.
In the past, Three Gaits gratefully accepted donated tack and horse care items for the annual tack sale for a fundraiser. We no longer hold a tack sale because most useful tack is sold in other ways.
If you have something you wish to donate, please call or email us to discuss your donation so we together assure that it can be used. If we can use your gift, you may complete a form listing the items and value to give us and you will receive a letter to confirm your donation for tax purposes.
If we can use an item, it must be not moldy, dried out, damaged or extremely dirty.
For more information about used tack at Three Gaits, contact Sandra Faust at 608-877-9086.
When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to Three Gaits Inc. Bookmark the link http://smile.amazon.com/ch/39-1472538 and support us every time you shop.
Use Goodsearch when searching the Internet or online shopping, and designate Three Gaits as your designated cause.
Bill’s Food Center
Bill/s Food Center in Oregon has a community organization assistance program. If you shop at Bill’s and have the cashier put a sticker on the receipt, and give the receipt to Three Gaits, we can turn the receipts in and get a donation.